1. Click on start
2. Type in sfc.exe. You will see
the following window
3. Change the choice to Extract
one file from installation disk. See below:
4. Type in the name of your file
or choose Browse and find the file you wish to restore. (for this we
will use wsock32.dll
5. Make sure that under settings
it is set for Prompt for backup as shown below.
6. Click OK and you will be
brought back to the window below:
7. Click start and you will be
prompted by a new window asking where to Restore from and where to
save the file to as below.
8. After finding where the file is
to be extracted from and saved to click OK and you will be prompted
on where to backup the File you will be restoring. Just leave it
with the default of C:\WINDOWS\Helpdesk\SFC and click OK.
9. You will then be told that the
backup folder doesn't exist and do you want to create it, choose
10. You are done, but you must
reboot your machine, choose yes in this window.
11. After rebooting your file is